03 January 2012
It's been a long time since I've done a challenge...much less made a card! I'm trying to start the new year off right! I used Tiddly Inks new image called Wryn...she can be found HERE along with four other gorgeous versions of her. I am entering my card in to the Tiddly Inks Challenge #77 called "Celebrate" and you can find this challenge HERE.
I made my card pretty simple, mainly because I think the image is so adorable that I wanted it to stand out. I also got to use my new Christmas present for the first time...my Zutter Distrezz-it-all!
Copics used: BG10, 11, 32, 34; YG0000; G21, 24; C1, 3; E50, 51; RV91, 93, 95 and I used my Copic Spica glitter pens for some sparkle!
My BG34 was being a bad marker and gushed a little blob on her dress. I barely touched my marker to my paper and it just gushed out. I've had this happen with a couple of markers now and wondered if there were something wrong with the nibs (tips) on those markers. Well, I just posted this photo on the Copic Marker facebook page and both the lovely Melissa (from the Tiddly Inks DT) and the Copic Marker people said that it may be from pressure built up in the marker. The Copic Marker people also said it may be from over-filling the marker...but in my case...I've never refilled them. They both advised me to take both caps off both ends and lay it flat for a little bit...then put the caps back on. That helps relieve the pressure. So, I just thought I would share this with you in case you have ever had this happen and didn't know why or what to do about it. I ended up just coloring in the rest of the dress and drawing on some little stitch marks...to make it look like a patch on the dress.
Thanks for looking!
~Hugs~
I made my card pretty simple, mainly because I think the image is so adorable that I wanted it to stand out. I also got to use my new Christmas present for the first time...my Zutter Distrezz-it-all!
Copics used: BG10, 11, 32, 34; YG0000; G21, 24; C1, 3; E50, 51; RV91, 93, 95 and I used my Copic Spica glitter pens for some sparkle!
My BG34 was being a bad marker and gushed a little blob on her dress. I barely touched my marker to my paper and it just gushed out. I've had this happen with a couple of markers now and wondered if there were something wrong with the nibs (tips) on those markers. Well, I just posted this photo on the Copic Marker facebook page and both the lovely Melissa (from the Tiddly Inks DT) and the Copic Marker people said that it may be from pressure built up in the marker. The Copic Marker people also said it may be from over-filling the marker...but in my case...I've never refilled them. They both advised me to take both caps off both ends and lay it flat for a little bit...then put the caps back on. That helps relieve the pressure. So, I just thought I would share this with you in case you have ever had this happen and didn't know why or what to do about it. I ended up just coloring in the rest of the dress and drawing on some little stitch marks...to make it look like a patch on the dress.
Thanks for looking!
~Hugs~

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








10 comments:
morning tracy!!!
oh hun it is sooooo lovely to see a tracy post!! and this one is just soooo gorgalicious!!!
I love what you did with your spoldge too!! what a fab idea!!!
Thank you for coming to play with the tiddly inkers again hun.
huge hugs Lou xxx
Tracy this is so cute! I love how you have made that splodge into a patch on her dress! It looks like it was meant to be like that! Gorgeous pink hair too!
Thanks for playing with us at Tiddly Inks!
Arabella
How fantastic is she... pink hair is FABULUOUS, high praise to you.
I didn't notice the splotch way to cover it up. Great new distress tool you have there, I want one too.
Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inks Challenge! Good Luck!
Great way to solve the problem with the patch idea. I love how you gave her lavender hair, she really looks like a fairy now.
I forgot to thank you for joining us this week at Tiddly Inks and happy crafting this year!
Tracy this is gorgeous, I love her hair and the distressed edges, thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks. Joey x
Hi Tracy, love your cute card. Love your solution with your splodge on the dress. The dress looks perfect now. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly inks challenge.
Hugs,
Larissa
Love, love, love the pink hair!!!! :) Great coloring, Tracy! Gorgeous!
Oh Tracy, I am soooooooo glad to see you joining a challenge! I simply adore the way you colored ?Wryn. Great pink hair! Hope to see you in our next challenge!
Marlena
Hi ya girly! I LOVE what you did with the splatter! Looks fabulous - gorgeous hair too! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks and I can't wait to see what you create for the hop! *wink*
Hugs,
M
Post a Comment
Sorry for word verification but I've been getting a ton of spam lately. Hope that doesn't deter your comments! Thanks!