14 January 2011
My BF's daughter has a birthday coming up on Saturday (tomorrow) and I was thinking that rather than making or buying her a card, I would make a scrapbook layout for her.  My BF has been very busy lately and I figured this might help her out too. 

I really need to get back in to scrapbooking more...I have so many photos that need a pretty home! My Copic obsession has kind of overtaken my life for the past few months.  =D


Hope you enjoy!

All papers are from a birthday stack from Hobby Lobby (I think the brand name is A Paper Studio).  Cupcakes are part of a 12x12 paper that I cut around to make a border (from the same paper stack).  Twine is from Michaels.  I used twine and two eyelets to string the name banner.

All of my cuts ("11", "IRELAND", and "Birthday Girl") are from my Make The Cut software & my Cricut.  This is my first time using my MTC cuts on anything!  Using fonts on that program is so easy!  Also, I originally cut out "Birthday Girl" on white pearlescent paper...but I didn't like how it looked with the striped background so I took my black Copic and colored over the letters...looks much better!!!
Hugs,
Tracy

7 comments:

Georgiana said...

Your layout is great! The pictures are going to look fabulous on it.

Georgiana

jenlynnie said...

awesome page!

Josie0602 said...

Great layout! I love the papers you used!

Hazel said...

Love the LO. I especially love the bright colours as I just don't use bright colours at all, mental note to self, must make a card using bright colours only.
H xx

Ellis said...

Beautiful LO Tracy! =)

Hugs, Elenor

Shirley said...

Tracy, your LO is awesome and love that you've used the MTC and the Cricut. Love the way you ended up with coloring in the Birthday. Have to say that this page just makes my feel happy, so bright and cheerful, just like birthdays should be.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH Tracy - your layout is amazing!! Great colors and beautiful banner!! I love this - I'm awful at Layouts - too much space - wish I were better I have so many wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing this!
Hugs,
M

Post a Comment

Sorry for word verification but I've been getting a ton of spam lately. Hope that doesn't deter your comments! Thanks!






Followers

Tiddly Inks

Spesch

Marlenas

Powered by Blogger.

My Blinkie


Powered By Blogger

About Me

My Photo
Tracy Jedi
Indiana, United States
View my complete profile

Visitors

Blog Design

Designs by Sarah Custom Services

I got my blog and blinkie designed by Sarah! You can get yourself a brand new blog makeover and blinkie too!

Awards

TI Top 5